Friday, November 3, 2017

Disney Training - Week 6

I missed my long run, so I am not too proud with my week. I did get in a long run, but it was running my prior Sunday's long run on Monday. Technically I got in four out of five runs, but it was only three out of five that I should have done. My cat is having issues again, so I don't expect to get all five runs in this upcoming week, but I'll do my best.

Dopey Week 6


Swimming
I got in no swims and suffered most of the week because of it.

Cycling
We have issues in our basement from water damage, so I couldn't get on my bike trainer at all. I'll shoot for a session or two next week.

Running
As I noted, I got in my prior week's long run, as well as three additional runs. For the most part, I felt alright on my runs. However, I did a lot of treadmill running. Although I don't mind treadmill running at all, the treadmill area was in the mid to upper 80's, with no air circulation at all. This really taxed me hard, because I would be sweating heavy by mile 1 and could not cool down or stay hydrated enough. In addition, these conditions are not remotely representative of probable race conditions.

I ordered myself some awesome running lights, which arrived a couple days ago. I'll be fishing out my colder running gear and plan on using the treadmill as little as possible. Plus, I'll get way more hills outside. I have been doing all treadmill runs at 1% grade though, which I actually like a lot for treadmill running.

Strength
Although I got not strength sessions, which is common, I managed to do my stretches every single day. This is a huge win for me, and probably the only reason my runs went so well and I wasn't feeling so awful like I usually would on weeks I get little to no cross training.

Nutrition
Doing a little better with my eating and have lost some weight. Not much, but it's progress. I still need to get myself back into more consistency with logging my food into MFP.

Final Thoughts
Overall a rough week, but I got in four days of running, which was very much needed. I just need to somehow find the time to get in more runs. I'll worry about the rest after.

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...