Monday, October 23, 2017

Disney Training - Week 5

Another well-intended week with house stuff getting in the way. I am definitely disappointed with my training, but we got a ton done at the house, and there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel now. Therefore, I will keep plugging away at house stuff. This upcoming week, however, I have set a schedule to make sure I don't miss any training workouts. I might miss others, but the primary training ones will not be skipped or shifted.

Dopey Week 5


Swimming
I was able to get in one session. I had tried to use a planned workout, but selected the wrong options and although my swim went well, the tracking was messed up. That's a minor detail though, as the main thing is that I actually swam.

Cycling
I had intended to hop on my bike a couple times, but that never happened. I'll keep trying to get more consistent with that. I would hate my current efforts to fade away.

Running
Two out of five runs isn't that great, but it's better than nothing. On a really good note, I felt great on both runs. Granted my treadmill one was rather rough, but there is always so little to no airflow at the gym, so that was expected.

Strength
No formal strength sessions this week. However, I cannot even begin to count the weight I moved up and down over a dozen stair cases. In addition, I lifted countless boxes. I definitely got a good workout, just nothing formal.

Nutrition
I had healthier habits this week. I was able to cut down a lot of the portions. Plus with Blue Apron I have eaten very healthy for a few nights. I still snack way too much, but ever thought I don't have any chips or pretzels.

Final Thoughts
My focus of getting my house finished is still my top priority. I do have a plan in place now so I can get house stuff done and still have time for my scheduled workouts. The real test will be to see if I can get any other workouts in. Here's to a good upcoming week! Cheers!

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...