Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Road Ahead

Life is full of twists and turns. You never know what is going to come your way and derail you from everything; not just health and fitness. However, success comes from picking yourself up from these challenges and moving forward. True success comes from turning these challenges into opportunities and executing on them.

I cannot say I have done this too well. I typically get going, fall, dust myself off, walk it off, and try to get going again. The last 2 years have been one fall after another and I have spiraled further and further down the rabbit hole. Realization is only part of the path to move forward; acceptance and moving passed this is the other piece. I have made one excuse after another, and never fully accepted everything. I have now and cannot wait to move forward.

So what does all of this mean? Well, I am not going to go cold turkey and set myself up for failure, that’s for sure. Right now it’s all about incremental change and improvements. I’ll be starting with getting myself healthy again. This means getting more sleep, a better eating routine, logging my meals consistently, and getting in some workouts each week.


As I have in the past, I will be keeping track of my progress through blog posts to help keep myself accountable and hopefully, if anyone out there is struggling through hardships, you might find something useful from what I am learning or doing. This is going to be a great year!

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...