Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Half Marathon Training - Week 9

Not a good week at all. Many rush trips to vet hospital and a couple ER visits. Didn't really have time for any workouts. I was able to get in a ride though, and am feeling confident to handle the 80 miler, assuming my dad definitely decides against the 100 miler. Close on my house next week so I won't be getting a lot of training done then either. I am not expecting a great time for my upcoming half marathon, but at least I know I will be fine completing it.

HM Week 9


Swimming
As usual, not time to swim.

Cycling
I got in my long ride and it felt really good. The weather was perfect and aside from saddle soreness, I was fine for the whole 3.25 hours. I am feeling pretty confident for the upcoming century, or 80-miler, depending on how my dad feels.

Running
I have no time to run, which was very frustrating, but family first.

Strength
I didn't get in any formal strength, but managed to do my stretching exercises on a lot of the days.

Nutrition
I didn't have time to log almost anything, and overall I did not eat the best. I wish I could get over stress eating.

Final Thoughts
Overall a very emotionally draining week. Next week will be just as draining, for good reasons at least. I just hope I can get more workouts in.

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...