Monday, May 1, 2017

Cycling Plan: Week 1 - Complete

Not a good week at all. Work had me pulling overtime and my cat got really sick again. On top of that I was traveling over the weekend. Needless to say, my first week of cycling training was mostly a failure due to lack of time for almost anything.

Cycling Week 1


Swimming
I had no time to get to the pool, which is a shame, because that would have really relaxed me.

Cycling
I was only able to get an insane spin course in for my technical day. My bike is still in storage and needs a lot of work done before I can ride it, so I am going to hit up the same spin class again for Week 2, and make sure I get my bike out of storage and overhauled asap.

Running
I was able to get an interval session and a long run in this week, which was great. Even though my focus in cycling, part of the plan has me slowly building my running endurance and distance. The interval session was really tough and not as fast as I planned. This was because the track was closed because of lacrosse practice and I therefore had to do my intervals on rolling hills. The long run was terrible! 77° and 87% humidity almost did me in. I was having trouble breathing and am still not sure how I completed that. I won't be that bad in the future, but this is my first hot and humid run outdoors in about 2 years.

Strength
Aside from cleaning and moving boxes, I had no strength sessions at all.

Nutrition
I had good intentions, but failed to both log everything I ate and stick with healthier food choices. As a result, I feel awful and will be looking forward to correcting that awful week.

Final Thoughts
Since I am almost settled at my new location, I think I should finally start having a schedule that is a bit more consistent. As long as there is a good amount of consistency, I should be fine sticking with my plan.

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...