Monday, March 27, 2017

Building Plan: Week 20 Complete

This week concluded my building plan after I had gotten physical therapy for my stress fracture and knee injuries. My base level of strength, flexibility, mobility, and cardiovascular level are all at levels I am happy with. I had hoped for a little better, but I also did miss a lot of workouts due to the impending move. I got in two runs this week, and although I was dead after each, it felt good to exercise.

Week 20


Swimming
Did not have a chance to even be near a pool. Hope this will change soon.

Cycling
As with swimming, I didn't really have a period of time where I was home long enough and not busy enough to hop on my trainer.

Running
I got in two runs! If it wasn't for the gym temperature, I am certain I could have completed both runs without stopping briefly to walk. My cadence was a little lower than I would like, but with the weather starting to warm up, I need to be outside and starting to work on hills. I will also continue to work on increasing my speed. With the soon shift from treadmill to outside, I am expecting my runs to be much more difficult.

I have found that the treadmill does an amazing job at helping with kick-back, so my form and pace have been pretty solid. I am hoping that I have enough cardiovascular endurance and strength to handle the outside SPM and pace.

Strength
I didn't get any strength sessions in, but I was lifting over 1000 lbs each day, Thursday through Sunday, because of getting ready to move. I am so sore right now.

Nutrition
Eating healthier and better was the theme of this week. I had moderate success and lost a little over a pound thanks to it. I will be trying to keep this going.

Final Thoughts
As I mentioned, this was my last week of my building plan. Since I don't see myself having much time the next two weeks to workout much due to the move, I will just exercise when I feel I have enough energy and won't injure myself. I cannot wait to start cycling training, which is up next after this 2 week taper!!

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...