Thursday, December 28, 2017

Disney Training - Week 14

This was an excellent recovery and building week for me. Despite my late injuries, I focused on getting some strength sessions in, as well as being consistent with stretching. In addition I got in a swim for some cross training as well. I felt 100% for my Sunday run!

Dopey Week 14

Swimming
I was able to get in a nice thirty minute swim. It actually felt amazing to get back in the water. Although my pace was slow, it did wonders to help loosen me up from my prior day's strength session.

Cycling
I had tried adding a cycling session in after my one strength session, but my back was not having it. So, I hopped off my bike after five minutes and called it a day. Smartest move I could have made. I felt much better the following day.

Running
I was able to get in my "long" run on Sunday. This basically is taper time anyway. After consulting multiple sports medicine and PT's, I decided to not run with my orthotics. It turned out this was the right move. I had no issue during my run, and I felt fine after, as well as the following day.

Strength
I got in two strength sessions. They focused on all of my weak areas. It was amazing how weak my muscles have gotten, but it was good to catch this now and I will keep on working at improving this. This will be imperative for my Ironman training.

Nutrition
I didn't do too well with nutrition, but I also didn't really gain much weight either. For now I am pretty much maintaining, which is something I will focus on changing after Disney.

Final Thoughts
As I completed this week I felt really optimistic about Disney. I am definitely ready and can't wait!

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...