Monday, September 18, 2017

Half Marathon - Week 11 & 12 Training

Another two horrible training weeks. On a positive note, almost have the painting done at my house that I need in order for us to move in! Aside from that, no time to workout at all.

HM Week 11 and 12


Swimming
No time for sessions.

Cycling
No time for sessions.

Running
I got in two runs during this two week time period. Fortunately, I think it was just enough to allow me to complete my Rock 'n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon. I had a 5 miler and 7 miler. Both felt pretty good, but were tough since I hadn't run much prior. Recovery-wise, I was completely fine after both runs. I definitely planned on a much slower half marathon than my goal was set for.

I completed my Rock 'n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon. I definitely didn't come close to the pace I wanted even after I had adjusted due to lack of training. The worst part was how awful my lower body felt immediately after the race. My legs were shaking and I felt pretty awful. In addition my ankles and feet with swollen a bit. I did a lot of stretches once I was re-hydrated. This helped a little, but not as much as I had hoped. As I am writing this post the following day, my legs are still exhausted, knees a bit sore, and walking up stairs is almost a no-go.

Strength
Aside from a few stretches, I didn't get any strength sessions in.

Nutrition
In addition to not getting time to exercise, I didn't do myself any favors with my horrible eating habits these two weeks. With Disney training starting this week, I cannot afford bad eating habits. I will be working diligently, with my goal of logging 100% of my food for all 7 days.

Final Thoughts
Not happy with my training or mental discipline. I was very happy to get a lot of painting done and get a lot closer to moving into my new house though. Therefore, I will just have to be happy with non-workout goals completed and move on.

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...