Monday, January 2, 2017

Building Plan: Week 8 Complete

Another week down. I am happy to say this was one of my best weeks! I decided to stop trying to get doubles in and just focus on getting my designated workout in. For the most part, I hit almost all of my workouts.

Week 8

Strength

I am starting off with strength training this time because this is supposed to be the most important thing for my training right now. However, I only made 2/3 workouts this week. My second workout was heavily focused on legs, and I sadly overworked my legs a little too much. So, this caused me to miss a run, my other strength session, and a ride. I am not too upset though as this is proof I have not been putting the proper training time in. I expect this week to be much better.

Running

I was able to get 2/3 running sessions completed this week. I felt really good for both Week 5/6 sessions and I think I am going to move onto Week 6/7. Overall, my cadence improved significantly for my outside run. I also felt much better. However, the temperature really fluctuated a lot during the short run and that made me feel a bit sick later. All better now though. I am not sure how many more outside runs I will get in, but I will keep trying to get my weekend run to be outside, weather-permitting.

Cycling

I got in only 1 cadence ride. It felt much better than last time though and I plan on slightly increasing resistance this week, as my heart rate stayed in zone 1 almost the entire time. I am hoping to get at least 2 rides in this week.

Swimming

I was not able to get in my swim. I went a bit too late to do my run and when I was done, I had family things to take care of. I will make sure I am not so lazy this week with my schedule.

Final Thoughts

I am still seeing good improvement with my strength and running. Everything is slow, but that is fine because they are not what I am focused on right now. Going forward, I think I am going to structure my weekly workout post to mimic triathlon; Swimming, Cycling, Running, Strength, and Nutrition. I think with a couple weeks of consistency improvement, I am going to tack on nutrition for this week. My main goal for this is to just log everything and try my best to avoid mindless snacking. Hope everyone is doing well with their training.

My Journey to Ironman - Build Phase

The next 10 weeks are now complete. They were pretty rough, mainly because I was very sick twice. I missed out on a lot of long rides and ...